Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Updates and Acknowledgments

Despite my claims to the contrary, the SEA Movie Theater Project will be hanging around for a bit longer. Thanks to the considerate thinking of a good friend here in Chiang Mai, I've been invited on a research expedition into deepest Isan - the dry season dust bowl forming Thailand's Northeastern provinces. This will mark my first real theater hunt of 2010 and a chance to document movie theater remains in areas of Thailand which I've never been to before. So be on the look out for some fresh material in the coming weeks here on the SEA Movie Theater Project.

Speaking of fresh material, I'd like to thank all those who've taken the time to contribute photos and stories to this project over the past month, as well as New Mandala for trumpeting the cause. I'm a one man operation, only capable of so much field research on my own, so your generous submissions are highly valued and add to the archival aspect of the site. Moreover, without your photo submissions this web-site might wither away into blog oblivion - an apparently common fate for blogs after one year of existence. I'm currently investigating ways to prolong the blog's life by taking the Project across the border into Burma. Wouldn't that be nice?

In the meantime, your movie theater photo submissions help sustain me. Many thanks for them and keep them coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment