Old sign with the name Klong Thomland
Built sometime in the 1930's, the Capitol Cinema was once a beloved movie institution in Bangkok's Chinatown. In the years surrounding World War Two, it served as one of the city's finest first-run theaters. About 10 years ago it was converted into an electronics retail center called Klong Thomland. Now it at least has its original name back.